60th Financial Literacy & Economic Education Conference (VIRTUAL)
Description: Join CEE virtually at the Council for Economic Education’s 60th Financial Literacy & Economic Education Conference, the nation’s premier event for K-12 educators that want to integrate personal finance and economics into their classrooms. Tickets are $99 for ALL three days of live sessions, roundtables, guest speakers, and networking, but Mississippi K-12 teachers that attend a minimum of 7 educator sessions will receive CEU’s at no cost and the option to request reimbursement of the conference registration fee (up to $99).
For: K-12 teachers
- Web-connected device (e.g., computer, tablet, smartphone)
- Microphone and camera
When: September 29, 2021- October 1, 2021
What’s in it for me? Mississippi K-12 teachers that attend a minimum of 7 educator sessions will receive CEU’s at no cost and the option to request reimbursement of the conference registration fee (up to $99).
- Access over 50 interactive educator workshops and lectures where you will learn how to integrate personal finance and economics into your classroom;
- Discover new innovative ways to engage your students;
- Network with other K-12 teachers and educators. Opportunities range from facilitated conversation on key topics to 1:1 meetings with peers;
- Hear keynote speakers including Beth Kobliner, Best-selling author & financial journalist and Laura Dawson Ullrich, Regional Economist, Federal Reserve Bank;
- Experience the Conference at your own pace. On-demand content will be available to attendees until the end of the school year!
Stock Market Game (ONLINE!)
Description: The Mississippi Stock Market Game (SMG) is a simulation of a real market, designed to involve students in the world of finance and investing as a means of helping them learn about how a market economy works. Student teams of 3 to 5 students invest a hypothetical $100,000 in stocks and compete for the best portfolio performance. There are two separate 13-week programs each year; one in the Fall and one in the Spring.
The program is available to all public and private students throughout the state of Mississippi in grades 4 through 12. The program is adaptable for many different classes, including social studies, mathematics, economics, business, technology, gifted, MOD, Special Education, and club activities. Students learn to develop team strategies, make decisions, and become informed about investment and economic terms. They also learn to see the connection between world events and their investments.
In this ONLINE ON-DEMAND teacher training, learn how to implement the SMG in your classroom! (Takes about 5 hours to complete.)
For: 4-12 grade teachers (Required for all teachers that are NEW to SMG!)
Fee: No registration fee
Requirements: Must have a desktop, laptop or tablet with internet capability.
What’s in it for me?: Free curriculum and 0.5 CEUs
Contact: 601-974-1325 or email@example.com